To get started on your Principal Certification application, click the appropriate link below:
|CLASSES BEGIN:||DOMESTIC DEADLINE:|
|Fall 2023 - Session I||September 1, 2023||Rolling|
|Fall 2023 - Session II||October 24, 2023||Rolling|
|Spring 2024 - Session I||January 16, 2024||Rolling|
|Spring 2024 - Session II||March 15, 2024||Rolling|
|Summer 2024 - Session I||May 20, 2024||Rolling|
|Summer 2024 - Session II||June 24, 2024||Rolling|
*Deadlines are subject to change. Deadline extensions may be granted on a case by case. Please contact Graduate Admissions for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
- A completed graduate application form, including a $55 non-refundable application fee
- A 250-500 word essay discussing your goals and objectives for pursuing admission to the degree program to which you are applying
- Official transcripts from all previous U.S. colleges attended or official NACES course-by-course evaluation of any foreign transcripts*
- One recommendation letter from principal
- One recommendation letter from vice principal
- Professional Resume or CV
- A copy of any teaching or educational services certification (a list of your certifications can be downloaded on NJDOE website)
- Employment verification letter completed by Human Resources personnel at your district documenting five or more years of full-time teaching experience.
- Must hold a master’s degree in education field.
- Must hold current standard teaching/educational services certificate(s).
- Must have completed five year of successful teaching under the standard certificate.
*Note: NJCU does not evaluate international transcripts. In lieu of a transcript, applicants with a non-U.S. degree need to submit a course-by-course evaluation from a NACES Accredited Member that includes U.S. bachelor’s degree equivalency information for their coursework.
This program is not currently available to international students seeking an F-1 student visa
We encourage you to contact graduate admissions with questions about our graduate programs, to get answers to your graduate application questions, or to schedule a visit to NJCU.
Hepburn Hall, Room 206