Each graduate program has a unique set of requirements. Applicants MUST apply via the specific program application.
To get started on your application, click the appropriate link below:
Teacher of Students with Disabilities (TOSD) - Spring 2019
Teacher of Students with Disabilities (TOSD) - Fall 2019
View Program Page
- A completed graduate application form, including a $55 non-refundable application fee
- A 250-500 word essay discussing your goals and objectives for pursuing admission to the degree program to which you are applying
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges attended or official NACES course-by- course evaluation of any foreign transcripts
- A copy of any teaching certification (a list of your certifications can be downloaded on NJDOE website)
- Official documentation of English Language Proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS) or waiver if applicable
- Must hold a current NJ standard or CEAS teaching certificate, OR
- Must submit a proof of completion of any NJDOE approved alternate route program, OR
- Must be active in NPTNJ
Priority Application Deadlines:
Fall: July 1
Spring: December 1
Fall: May 1
Spring: November 1
We encourage you to contact graduate admissions with questions about our graduate programs, to get answers to your graduate application questions, or to schedule a visit to NJCU.
Hepburn Hall, Room 206
Phone: (201) 200-3409
Toll-Free Phone: (877) 652-8472
Fax: (201) 200-2044
-REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
GRADUATE ADMISSIONS OFFICE HOURS
September – May:
Mon and Thu, 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Tues, Wed, Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Mon – Fri, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.