Information Technology Workforce Development Programs
Middle-skill jobs, which require education beyond high school but not a four-year degree, make up the largest part of American’s and New Jersey’s labor market. Key industries in New Jersey are unable to find enough sufficiently trained workers to fill these jobs. Approximately 53% of jobs in New Jersey are classified as middle-skill. Many of the Top 100 Jobs in New Jersey by 2024 are middle-skill based. To help prepare individuals for a middle-skill job, NJCU offers an Information Technology middle-skill program by NPower.
Develop the Tech Career Skills You Need with NPower New Jersey
Situated on the campus of New Jersey City University, NPower New Jersey provides tuition-FREE technology training and certifications to veteran, veteran spouses, and young adults 18-25 from underserved communities. NPower’s program offers job seekers an alternative fast track to tech jobs with employers committed to hiring diverse IT talent.
NPower’s results speak for themselves:
- 80% of NPower graduates are employed full-time or are continuing their education within one year of completing the program. Most NPower graduates are employed at industry-leading companies like TD Ameritrade, KPMG, Atlas, and a growing list of others
- Our graduates earn 52% higher salaries post-program
Interested in learning the fundamentals of IT?
Our Tech Fundamentals program is your entry point to a tech-based career. In as little as 23 weeks you will master the basics of IT with real-world application and credentials. NPower New Jersey’s next class starts January 22, 2019. The intensive IT training program prepares you for immediate work in technology. No previous technology experience is required, we train you for immediate careers in an intensive program that includes:
- 15-weeks of in-class instruction
- 7+ weeks paid internship
- Mentoring from senior level IT Professionals
- Career development workshops
- Opportunity to earn industry-recognized CompTIA A+ certification
- Post-graduation job placement services
- Access to an elite and supportive alumni network
ARE YOU A VETERAN?
If you are currently serving in the military, honorably discharged, or a military spouse and age 21+, you should apply to be considered for the next class.
ARE YOU A YOUNG ADULT?
If you are between the ages 18–25, and have earned a high school diploma or equivalent, you should apply to be considered for the next class. We generally consider applicants with an income that falls within 200% of the federal poverty level.
For more information about any of the NJCU workforce development programs please email or call: 201-200-2462.