Important Deadlines for Student Accounts
- NJCU requires all full-time undergraduate (12 credits or more) and graduate students (9 credits or more) to carry health insurance.
- If you wish to waive the University Health Insurance, you must provide proof of alternative coverage by completing the online waiver prior to the deadline of Monday, September 20, 2021 for the Fall 2021 semester.
- If you have completed the waiver, you will receive a confirmation that it has been submitted with AETNA. Please allow 2 to 3 business days for the waiver to be applied to your student account.
- For more information regarding the health insurance please click here
Financial Aid and Disbursements
- In order to receive or be eligible for any financial aid awards you must complete the FASFA application. Please click here to follow NJCU’s Financial Aid Checklist.
- Once the awards have been posted to your anticipated aid, if you are eligible for a refund our office must wait for your awards to be disbursed. Disbursement for the Fall 2021 semester/s will begin September 23, 2021.
Please be aware that disbursements will occur on a weekly basis beginning on TBA and continue to disburse throughout the semester. Awards are not disbursed by alphabetical order or class rank, as NJCU receives your awards’ they will be processed.
- We understand that is a critical time for our students, with payment deadline and the beginning of the semester approaching. The main source of communication with our office is through our email firstname.lastname@example.org. For tuition waivers, such as Staff, Dependent, Unemployment, Graduate Assistantships etc. please email email@example.com.
- It may take 24 to 48 business hours for our office to reply. Please be patient and bear with us, we experience a large volume of activity and our effort is to service each individual student with the best customer service possible.
- NJCU book voucher is an option for students that have a pending credit on their account after all other charges have been covered in full by the student’s financial aid awards.
- A book voucher cannot create an unpaid outstanding balance on the student’s account. The deadline to submit book voucher agreements for Fall 2021 is September 22, 2021.
- For information regarding payment and delivery of your books please visit the NJCU Barnes and Noble web page by clicking here.
E-Textbooks and Opting Out
- Students enrolled in business-related courses with one or more of the following prefixes (ACCT, ECON, FINC, MKTG, MGMT), are automatically charged for the inclusive access course materials. This may appear on your tuition and fees billing.
- For those courses that are excluded from Inclusive Access, students will need to obtain any required textbooks or materials as identified by their instructor or faculty member and purchase them on their own. Students who choose to opt out of this initiative will NOT have access to the course materials.
- Students who wish to opt-out of utilizing the inclusive access materials and receive a credit to their student account must do so by accessing the materials through Blackboard and selecting the Opt-Out option at the top of the page.
- Deadlines for the upcoming semester are as follows:
- Summer I 2021 - May 31, 2021
- Summer II 2021 - July 13, 2021
- Summer III 2021 - August 9, 2021
- Fall 2021 - September 15, 2021
The deadlines below include billing, refund periods for withdrawals and special registrations. Please see our Policies section of the Office of Student Accounts website for further information.
Summer III 2021 Semester
Five Week Session: July 26 - August 26, 2021
July 26, 2021: Deadline to pay tuition/fees/room and board
July 26, 2021: Classes begin for Five Week Session
July 26, 2021: Special Registration day -Undergraduate/Graduate Unemployment Tuition Waiver Students
July 27, 2021: Special Registration day -Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver Students
July 28, 2021: Last day to drop courses at a 100% refund of tuition and fees
August 9, 2021: Last day to Opt-out of E-Textbooks.
August 9, 2021: Last day to withdraw from courses at a 50% refund of tuition and fees with a “W” grade. A withdrawal form must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
August 10, 2021: First day of withdrawal from courses at a 0% refund. A withdrawal form must be submitted electronically to email@example.com
August 16, 2021: Last day to withdraw from courses with a "W" grade on a transcript
Fall 2021 Semester
TBA: $75 Late Registration Fee begins
August 12, 2021: Deadline to pay tuition, room and board
September 1, 2021: Classes begin for Fall 2021
September 3, 2021: Special Registration day -Undergraduate/Graduate Unemployment & Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver Students
September 9, 2021: Last day to drop courses at a 100% refund of tuition and fees
September 15, 2021: Last day to Opt-out of E-Textbooks.
September 20, 2021: Last day to waive Student Health Insurance. Click here to complete the online waiver.
September 30, 2021: Last day to withdraw from courses at a 50% refund of tuition and fees with a “W” grade. A withdrawal form must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
October 1, 2021: First day of withdrawal from courses at a 0% refund. A withdrawal form must be submitted electronically to email@example.com
November 1, 2021: Last day to withdraw from courses with a "W" grade on a transcript