Important Deadlines for Student Accounts
As we approach the beginning of the Fall 2020 semester during these challenging times the Office of Student Accounts would like to send you a big “WELCOME”. In an effort to provide the best possible service to our students we aim to keep you actively informed with essential information for the upcoming semesters.
- NJCU requires all full-time undergraduate (12 credits or more) and graduate students (9 credits or more) to carry health insurance.
- If you wish to waive the University Health Insurance, you must provide proof of alternative coverage by completing the online waiver prior to the deadline of Wednesday, October 7, 2020
- If you have completed the waiver, you will receive a confirmation that it has been submitted with AETNA. Please allow 2 to 3 business days for the waiver to be applied to your student account.
- For more information regarding the health insurance please click here
Financial Aid and Disbursements
- In order to receive or be eligible for any financial aid awards you must complete the FASFA application. Please click here to follow NJCU’s Financial Aid Checklist.
- Once the awards have been posted to your anticipated aid, if you are eligible for a refund our office must wait for your awards to be disbursed. Disbursement for the Fall 2020 semester will begin September 24, 2020.
Please be aware that disbursements will occur on a weekly basis beginning on September 24, 2020, and continue to disburse throughout the semester. Awards are not disbursed by alphabetical order or class rank, as NJCU receives your awards’ they will be processed.
- We understand that is a critical time for our students, with payment deadline and the beginning of the semester approaching. The main source of communication with our office is through our email email@example.com.
- It may take 24 to 48 business hours for our office to reply. Please be patient and bear with us during this time, we are experiencing a large volume of activity and our effort is to service each individual student with the best customer service possible.
- NJCU book voucher is an option for students that have a pending credit on their account after all other charges have been covered in full by the student’s financial aid awards.
- A book voucher cannot create an unpaid outstanding balance on the student’s account. The deadline to submit book voucher agreements is September 23, 2020.
- For information regarding payment and delivery of your books please visit the NJCU Barnes and Noble web page by clicking here.
The deadlines below include billing, refund periods for withdrawals and special registrations. Please see our Policies section of the Office of Student Accounts website for further information.
Fall 2020 Semester September 1 - December 22
August 13, 2020: Deadline to pay tuition, room and board
August 14, 2020: $75 Late Registration Fee begins
September 1, 2020: Classes begin
September 3, 2020: Special Registration day -Undergraduate/Graduate Unemployment & Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver Students
September 9, 2020: Last day to drop courses at a 100% refund
September 30, 2020: Last day to withdraw from courses at a 50% refund
October 1, 2020: First day of withdrawal from courses at a 0% refund. A withdrawal form must be submitted to the Registrar's Office Hepburn Hall, Rm 214
November 2, 2020: Last day to withdraw from courses with a "W" grade on a transcript
*An explanation of refund and “W” grades can be found in the Master Course List.