Explore Payment Options
Tuition, Fees, Room and Board and any required deposits are due in-full by the posted semester deadlines, unless the Office of Student Accounts has granted an authorized payment plan or registration clearance prior to the posted deadline. If you do not pay in-full or have an authorized payment plan or clearance by the posted deadline, you are subject to a $75.00 late payment fee and/or deregistration from courses. If you registered early and made any changes to your schedule, please be aware that your due date is as appears on your original billing statement.
Please see below for methods of out-of-pocket payment and the navigation links in this section on the left of the page for other approved forms of payment:
Check, Money Order or Cash
- In person payments can be made directly at the Office of Student Accounts on the ground floor of Hepburn Hall during regular office hours.
- Check or Money Order payments can be mailed to (please do not mail cash):
New Jersey City University
2039 Kennedy Boulevard
Jersey City, NJ 07305
Attn: Office of Student Accounts
- Checks and Money Orders should be made payable to New Jersey City University. Please include your name and Student ID Number on the front of the check.
- Checks returned for insufficient funds will not be automatically re-deposited, and your student account will be assessed a $40.00 returned check charge. The student will be notified of all checks returned for insufficient funds and will be responsible for remitting payment immediately. If the check is returned for insufficient funds a second time, students must pay with a Certified Check, Money Order, Cash or Credit Card upon notification of the check being returned for insufficient funds.
- Payment by check can also be made electronically through GothicNet. There is no additional charge for this service. Simply use your checking account routing number and account number to process your check payment. Please see the "How To..." and forms section of the Office of Student Accounts website for step-by-step instructions.
Credit and Debit Card
- Credit and Debit Card payments can only be made online through GothicNet. All transactions are subject to a 2.95% service fee which students are responsible to pay in addition to their tuition and fee payment. The service fee is non-refundable as NJCU’s credit card processor assesses this fee. NJCU accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Please be ready to provide the card number, expiration date, and security code number (CVV, CV2, etc.) along with the card holder’s name, address, and zip code. This information is required to make a credit card payment.
- Payments are posted to your student account in real-time and can potentially save valuable time during peak registration and payment periods. Please see the “How To” section of the Office of Student Accounts website for step-by-step instructions.
- Payment can be made via wire transfer to the University’s bank account. Please be aware that your financial institution may reduce your outgoing wire transfer by fees they charge. These fees are the responsibility of the student and if the wire is reduced by fees you may have an outstanding balance on your student account as a result. Students must provide all required information to complete the wire transfer. Incomplete information can lead to the delay of your payment being processed and posted to your student account. The student must include their name and Student ID Number to ensure proper crediting of the student account. The University’s bank account information such as account number, ABA #, etc. can be found on the "How To..." and forms section on the homepage of the Office of Student Accounts website.
- Payments sent by wire/bank transfer may take up to one week to be credited to your student account. Please note that the University is not responsible for payments that do not reach us by the payment deadline.
International Wire Transfer
NJCU has partnered with Flywire to offer international students a simple and cost effective way to make payment to your student account by international wire transfer. Flywire may save students money on fees and exchange rates, and is very easy to use. For instructions on how to use Flywire to make a wire transfer, please see the "How To..." and forms section of the Office of Student Accounts website. The link to make payment is https://www.flywire.com/pay/njcu.