Get started on your Counseling (M.A.) application here:
Please note that your application and all supplemental materials must be received by the deadlines below to be considered.
*Deadlines are subject to change. Deadline extensions may be granted on a case by case. Please contact Graduate Admissions for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
Counseling (M.A.) with specializations in:
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- School Counselor (Certification)
- A completed graduate application form, including a $55 non-refundable application fee
- A minimum of 500-1,000 word essay discussing your goals and objectives for pursuing admission to the degree program to which you are applying
- Two (2) letters of recommendation* (one letter must be academic such as from your former professors, and one letter must be professional such as from your work supervisor; excluding letters from family, friends, and co-workers)
- Official US transcripts from all previous colleges attended or official NACES course-by-course evaluation of any foreign transcripts
- Professional Resume or CV
- Interview Dates
- Official documentation of English Language Proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS)
- Undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 point scale
*It is strongly encouraged that you contact your recommenders prior to submitting your application to ensure they are able and willing to submit a letter by the indicated deadlines below. It will also allow you the opportunity obtain their correct, preferred email addresses and to let them know they will receive an email from NJCU Graduate Admissions to submit their letter electronically.
**NJCU does not evaluate international transcripts. In lieu of a transcript, applicants with a non-U.S. degree need to submit a course-by-course evaluation from a NACES Accredited Member that includes U.S. bachelor’s degree equivalency information for their coursework.
This program is not currently available to international students seeking an F-1 student visa.
We encourage you to contact graduate admissions with questions about our graduate programs, to get answers to your graduate application questions, or to schedule a visit to NJCU.
Hepburn Hall, Room 206
Phone: (201) 200-3409