Each graduate program has a unique set of requirements. Applicants MUST apply via the specific program application.
To get started on your application, click the appropriate link below:
Elementary Education (M.A.T.) - Fall 2019 (September Start)
Elementary Education (M.A.T.) - Spring 2020 (January Start)
View Program Page
Elementary Education (M.A.T.) with:
- Elementary Education Teacher Certification
- A completed graduate application form, including a $55 non-refundable application fee
- A 250-500 word essay discussing your goals and objectives for pursuing admission to the degree program to which you are applying
- Official transcripts from all previous U.S. colleges attended or official NACES course-by-course evaluation of any foreign transcripts*
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Official copy of GRE scores or waiver
- Passing scores on Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators (or waived, if applicable)
- Passing scores on Praxis II Content Knowledge: Elementary Education Multiple Subjects
- A copy of any teaching certification (a list of your certifications can be downloaded on NJDOE website) if any
- Official documentation of English Language Proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS) or waiver if applicable
- Behavioral science courses or advised equivalent/alternatives
- Studies in Physiology, Health and Hygiene or Equivalent
- Studies in Developmental Psychology
- Studies in Intercultural Relations
- Demonstration of Computer Literacy
*Note: NJCU does not evaluate international transcripts. In lieu of a transcript, applicants with a non-U.S. degree need to submit a course-by-course evaluation from a NACES Accredited Member that includes U.S. bachelor’s degree equivalency information for their coursework.
Priority Application Deadlines:
Fall: July 1
Spring: December 1
Fall: May 1
Spring: November 1
We encourage you to contact graduate admissions with questions about our graduate programs, to get answers to your graduate application questions, or to schedule a visit to NJCU.
Hepburn Hall, Room 206
Phone: (201) 200-3409
Toll-Free Phone: (877) 652-8472
Fax: (201) 200-2044
-REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
GRADUATE ADMISSIONS OFFICE HOURS
September – May:
Mon and Thu, 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Tues, Wed, Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Mon – Fri, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.