Special Education (M.A.T.) with TOSD for New Pathways Completers (NPTNJ)
Get started on your Special Education (M.A.T.) with TOSD for NPTNJ Completers application here:
Special Education (M.A.T.) with endorsement in:
- Teacher of Students with Disabilities (TOSD)
Please note this option is only open to students who have completed the New Pathways to Teaching in NJ Program (NPTNJ). If you have not completed the NPTNJ program, you would apply to our regular MAT TOSD program here.
- A completed graduate application form, including a $55 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all previous U.S. colleges attended or official NACES course-by-course evaluation of any foreign transcripts*
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- NPTNJ program completion form
- A copy of any teaching certification (a list of your certifications can be downloaded on NJDOE website)
- Official documentation of English Language Proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS)
- Must have a valid teaching certification in general education area
*Note: NJCU does not evaluate international transcripts. In lieu of a transcript, applicants with a non-U.S. degree need to submit a course-by-course evaluation from a NACES Accredited Member that includes U.S. bachelor’s degree equivalency information for their coursework.
*Deadlines are subject to change.
This program is not currently available to international students seeking an F-1 student visa
We encourage you to contact graduate admissions with questions about our graduate programs, to get answers to your graduate application questions, or to schedule a visit to NJCU.
Hepburn Hall, Room 206
Phone: (201) 200-3409
Fax: (201) 200-2044