Two commencement ceremonies will occur at the Red Bull Arena on May 15, 2024. The first ceremony will begin at 10:00 am, and the second will start at 2:00 pm.
- 10:00 am: School of Business and College of Professional Studies
- 2:00 pm: William J. Maxwell College of Arts & Sciences (CAS) and CAS/Education dual-degree recipients and Deborah Cannon Partridge Wolfe College of Education.
- Doors open at 9:00 am for the morning ceremony and 1:00 pm for the afternoon ceremony.
- Each ceremony will last for approximately two (2) hours. Commencement is an important and formal occasion for each graduate to be treated with the highest respect and honor.
- To ensure that each individual can enjoy this day, we ask that all graduates remain seated until the ceremony's conclusion.
- All participants will be asked to be immediately seated at the venue.
- Seating will be determined based on school and major.
Island Photography will capture each graduate's "moment" as they enter and exit the stage.
Within 48-72 hours after the ceremony, you will be emailed a unique link to view or order your images from your graduation celebration. There is absolutely no obligation to purchase. These cherished moments are forever fleeting. Don't miss this opportunity! For further information, please get in touch with us at email@example.com or 800-869-0908
Regalia ordering deadlines will be added shortly.
- Academic regalia MUST be ordered to participate in the Commencement ceremonies.
- All academic attire will be shipped to you at the address you provide in your regalia reservation. Caps and gowns will not be distributed to graduates at Commencement, so please enter a shipping address that you know is trustworthy.
- All graduates must have regalia to participate in the ceremony.
REGALIA RESERVATIONS SERVE AS COMMENCEMENT R.S.V.P!
If you graduate with a Bachelor's degree, you will receive a Black NJCU Bachelor gown, a Black NJCU cap and tassel, and the NJCU Custom Stole of Gratitude. These items are yours to KEEP.
- Undergraduate students with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.65 or higher receive honor cords. Unfortunately, honor cords cannot be ordered online. Instead, please contact the Registrar to receive your honors cord.
- Graduate and doctoral students do not receive honors cords.
The Legend of the Stole: Every graduate has had a special person who made a big difference through moral or financial support. The Stole offers an opportunity to say, "Thanks for helping me make it through; thanks for making it possible for me to succeed!" After the ceremony, the new graduate presents their Stole to someone who provided extraordinary support or helped with wisdom, words of encouragement, or financial assistance. Immediately after graduation, the graduate may take the Stole from around their neck and place it around the neck of the recipient. Presenters often write words of love and appreciation on the back of the Stole using a permanent, fine-tipped marker. Friends and family of the graduate may autograph the front or back. The Stole is a lasting symbol of love, appreciation, and academic accomplishment.
If you are graduating with a Master's degree, you will receive a Custom NJCU Master robe and hood. These items are yours to KEEP.
If you are graduating with a Doctoral degree, you will receive a Custom NJCU Doctoral unit (robe, hood, tam & tassel). These items are yours to KEEP.
Graduating students and their guests DO NOT need an entry ticket, and all guests are welcome. There is no maximum number of guests per student.
Red Bull Arena is accessible; therefore, if guests need to utilize the accessible entrance and require access to accessible seating, please arrive as early as possible.
If you are a graduating student requiring special accommodations or have guests needing accommodations, please contact Jennifer Aitken in the Office of Specialized Services and Supplemental Instruction (201-200-2091).
- Diploma cases will be given out at the commencement ceremony.
- Students cleared for degrees will be sent postcards with the dates and times when diplomas may be picked up at the Registrar's Office.
Undergraduate students with a cumulative grade point average of 3.65 or better as they begin their final semester at NJCU will be officially recognized as honors graduates. Students who achieve a cumulative average of 3.65 or better after their final semester have an "honors" notation on their permanent records. The different types of honors are defined below.
Students who graduate with honors will automatically receive honors cords with their commencement regalia. The honors designations are as follows:
- 3.65–3.79: Cum laude
- 3.80–3.89: Magna cum laude
- 3.90–4.00: Summa cum laude