Music Performance (M.M.)
Get started on your Music Performance (M.M.) application here:
Music Performance (M.M.) with specialization in:
- Classical Instrumental
- Classical Voice
- Jazz: This Program is Not Currently Accepting Applications
- Multiple Woodwinds: This Program is Not Currently Accepting Applications
- Multi-Style Strings
- A completed graduate application form, including a $55 non-refundable application fee
- A 250-500 word essay discussing your goals and objectives for pursuing admission to the degree program to which you are applying
- Official transcripts from all previous U.S. colleges attended or official NACES course-by-course evaluation of any foreign transcripts*
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Professional Resume or CV
- Official documentation of English Language Proficiency if applicable (TOEFL/IELTS)
- In-person audition must be scheduled, or
- CD/DVD/MP3/.wav format or URL link to the website is acceptable, and must be directly sent to the Graduate Coordinator of Music Dance and Theatre Department
- An undergraduate degree with a major in music, or in exceptional cases, a proven equivalency in music theory, music history, and repertory.
- Proficiency in performance on a major instruments or voice.
*Note: NJCU does not evaluate international transcripts. In lieu of a transcript, applicants with a non-U.S. degree need to submit a course-by-course evaluation from a NACES Accredited Member that includes U.S. bachelor’s degree equivalency information for their coursework.
*Deadlines are subject to change. Deadline extensions may be granted on a case by case. Please contact Graduate Admissions for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage you to contact graduate admissions with questions about our graduate programs, to get answers to your graduate application questions, or to schedule a visit to NJCU.
Hepburn Hall, Room 206