Get started on your Early Childhood Education (M.A.T.) application here:
Early Childhood Education (M.A.T.) with certification in:
- A completed graduate application form, including a $55 non-refundable application fee
- A 250-500 word essay discussing your goals and objectives for pursuing admission to the degree program to which you are applying
- Official transcripts from all previous U.S. colleges attended or official NACES course-by-course evaluation of any foreign transcripts*
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Official copy of GRE scores or waiver
- Passing scores on Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators (or waived, if applicable)
- A copy of any teaching certification (a list of your certifications can be downloaded on NJDOE website) if any
- Official documentation of English Language Proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS) or waiver if applicable
- Must have liberal arts undergraduate major or minimum number of liberal arts credits as determined by NJDOE.
- Must have completed the following undergraduate course pre-requisites or equivalents:
- BIO 225 Human Sexual Biology for General Education Program (3 credits), or passing the NJDOE Physiology and Hygiene test
- WGST 110 Diversity and Difference (3 credits)
- MATH 215 Problem Solving in Math (3 credits)
- PSYC 150 Developmental Psychology: Birth through Adolescent (3 credits), ECE 212 Human Development: Prenatal to Adolescent (3 credits)
*Note: NJCU does not evaluate international transcripts. In lieu of a transcript, applicants with a non-U.S. degree need to submit a course-by-course evaluation from a NACES Accredited Member that includes U.S. bachelor’s degree equivalency information for their coursework.
Priority Application Deadlines:
Fall: July 1
Spring: December 1
International Applicants: This program is not currently available to international students seeking an F-1 Student Visa
We encourage you to contact graduate admissions with questions about our graduate programs, to get answers to your graduate application questions, or to schedule a visit to NJCU.
Hepburn Hall, Room 206
Toll-Free Phone: 877-652-8472
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
GRADUATE ADMISSIONS OFFICE HOURS
September – May:
Mon and Thu, 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Tues, Wed, Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Mon – Fri, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.